Friday, October 24, 2014

Post 5- Confidentiality

Good Morning fellow bloggers,
Oh my, never have I been sitting in a doctor's office lab waiting room, and out comes the assistant scolding a patient about his poor decision-making with the medicine that he's taking. First and foremost, if I'm not mistaken isn't that invasion to his right to privacy.
Not only does the outsides know his medical history but it was just inappropriate! I seem to be the only one that thinks this. Others are just laughing and proceed to converse about to matter. The woman next to me is going on and on about the decorations of the facility, and the gentleman in the back of the room is hollerin' about medical Marijuana! It's a mad house in here I tell you! Way to start my morning, but on a side note, dont forget to vote on November 4,2014 if you haven't already.

1 comment:

  1. Wow! Sounds like it was an interesting experience today at the clinic. Omg. The situation with the patient and the assistant discussing his medical information in p

    The presence of others i believe is wrong. There is a medical privacy act. Yep. HIPPA protects your privacy and medical information a document is required to be signed by you to give the provider permission to release your medical information otherwise they can't HIPPA

    ReplyDelete