Monday, October 13, 2014

Post 1- School Improvement

A far better upgrade from Palm Beach State, but like any other College, there is always room for improvement. I understand that Private Colleges costs are more expensive than average, but what are we really paying if the school still lacks in important things! First and foremost, books should be included in tuition. Policy makes it manadatory for students to have their reading materials, however the books cost a fortune! A discount of some sort should be provided to say the least. Another issue that comes up frequently is the internet software being up to date. How is it possibe for we, the students to recieve the most efficient learning objectives with out-of-date programs? Something is not right here, are we really getting what we pay for? And let's not mention the food selection! Seriously, it reminds me of school cafe lunch. Don't get me wrong, South University is a wonderful school in regards to class size and the passion the instructors feed off, but once again there is always room for imporvement. To be great, expectations must be high. I can't fully say that South University meets all these expectations.

5 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with you. We are students who are paying out all this money but really not recieveing the full benifits. It's a great Idea that books are offered online but what about the one who are on ground campus? Is that a discount in itself! Cafe lunch, who really wants that! Let's go South the school that we love so much we have do better.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I understand your concern and I agree we should get something for the money we spend. As a criminal justice student my biggest concern is credibility. I think that is what people really pay for. An employer doesn't just want to know that you went to school. They want to know that you received a quality education. I started at South University simply because it was the easiest school for me to get into after almost 20 years of no school. Now that I am here I realize that as a criminal justice student nobody knows what or where South University is.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very well said. I agree 100%. Now who do we complain to?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yes the cafeteria is not just small but with very limited variety. The food is unhealthy, the coffee machine serves mini cups coffee and the taste is bad.If you come from Palm Beach State College you probably remember that their cafeteria has its own Dunkin Donuts and every Building has little kiosk that serves sandwiches and salads. I understand tha the siza of PBSC is bigger, but South University is a private school therefore more money comes in.

    ReplyDelete