If you are taking an English course on writing with arguements, if not already you will soon learn all about the "ingredients" needed for your arguement. One of those important mixtures are the Ethos and their purpose for your writing. Tonight this blog post will be about creating and using effective Ethos. Along with Pathos, and logic, all three come together from different aspects of the same whole to present a strong arguementive paper.
Creating an Effective Ethos involves great credibility. You must be knowledgeable about your issue/s, be fair, and build a bridge to connet to your audience. In my Doc2 I will be arguing about a specific issue/area of concern in another class that I am currently or previously taking. Using Ethos I will connect with my audience through research of similar experiences that they may have with the same issues. Therfore I can form an understanding of the values im trying to discuss.
No comments:
Post a Comment